Yom Kippur Yizkor Slide Show
At Congregation Shma Koleinu, we understand that the High Holy Days matter the most when they speak to our hearts and souls. Our Yizkor (Memorial) service on Yom Kippur (October 12) beginning at 4:30 pm is a moving spiritual experience that calls upon music, liturgy and silence to create opportunities for us to dwell in the light of memory of our loved ones lost to us recently and in years past.
The CSK Yizkor service includes a slide show comprised of pictures of your loved ones who no longer walk this earth but whose memory, we pray, become and remain a blessing in your life. In order to make this happen, we need your help by submitting the pictures electronically as soon as possible based upon the instructions below. The official deadline for picture submission is September 25 but since our High Holy Days chair, Marjorie Marks, has accepted upon her shoulders this incredibly important task, the rule is "the sooner, the better."
If you find yourself to be "digitally-challenged" (or just crunched for time), you can skip all of the following if you bring your Yizkor photos to Shabbat services 9-16, 9-23 or 9-30. We'll scan them for you and give them right back on the spot!
Otherwise, this is how to Submit Your Photographs for the CSK Yizkor Slide Show:
- Scan your photographs ONE AT A TIME and save them as jpeg files.
- Save each photograph with your name followed by the first and last names of the individuals in the picture (from left to right).
- Example: Jon Doberg (name of the one submitting the photograph): David Joberg, Sarah Joberg, Isaac Joberg (names of those in the photo).
- Email these photos to Marjorie Marks (firstname.lastname@example.org). Once you have emailed Marjorie your photos, you should receive an acknowledgement of receipt within two business days.
- If you experience trouble with the above instructions, feel free to email the CSK office at Congregationshmakoleinu@gmail.com or call us at 713-960-1800 and we will be happy to offer you assistance.